Last Updated: February 1st, 2016
This Privacy Statement explains how we handle your personal information we collect when you use our View Net Services over the Internet and mobile applications, including https://www.vertina.com (collectively, the “View Net Services”). This Privacy Statement also applies to any personal data we collect from the operation and use of products we sell while connected to the View Net Services (the “Products), and any other View Net Services that links to this Privacy Statement.
Please review this Privacy Statement carefully. By using the View Net Services, you agree to the personal data practices explained below. If you do not agree with these practices, please do not use View Net Services, or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
We may modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account or by means of notice on the Website prior to the change becoming effective. Amendments to the Privacy Statement are effective immediately when posted on this site. Your continued use of the View Net Services after posting of amendments will be deemed your acceptance of the changes to this Privacy Statement.
You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
- Collection of Information
When you interact with us and our View Net Services, including through a connected Product, we will collect information about you, including “personal information” and “non-identifying information.”
“Personal information” means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you, such as name, telephone number, email address, physical address, and payment information.
“Non-identifying information” means information that alone cannot directly identify you, such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, video content files that do not contain personal visual identity information, the country and time zone of the connected Product, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
- How We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information about you through the View Net Services in several ways.
- When you register with View Net Services and activate Products: You voluntarily provide us with personal information when you create your account to use View Net Services or register a Product for online video access and viewing (“Account”). In addition, when you install and activate Products, you will be asked to provide certain basic information via our View Net Services, such as your camera name, the camera’s verification code, and serial number, which are unique to the Product connected to the View Net Services and associated with your Account.
- When you purchase Products from us or subscribe to online data storage services: When you pre-order or makes purchases through our View Net Services, we request that you provide your payment information, such as a credit card number, account security code, name, address, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction and ship the Product to you. You personal information will be saved as your user profile in your Account, including payment information for recurring charges.
- When you saved and shared video content with others on the View Net Services: When you save and share content through View Net Services, like video clips, live video streams, images, captions, and comments (“Your Content”), for other individuals to access, we will collect identifying information that will allow you to save and share Your Content, such as your email address and email address of the person you elect to share your content with.
- When you elect to refer the View Net Services to a friend: Through our View Net Services, you may be able to invite other people such as friends or family to use View Net Services and download our mobile app. We collect that person’s email address to automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. We collect this information to send this email, to register your friend or family member if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services. In order to refer a friend, you must first obtain the consent from the person being referred to provide information on their behalf and inform them that they will be receiving a communication from us.
- When you connect your View Net Services’ Account, or share Your Content, with your social networking account: When you connect or link to our View Net Services via social networking sites, including by sharing Your Content with friends via your social networking account, such as Facebook, we collect your profile information from your social networking account. For information on what information is shared with us, please review the privacy settings in your social media account or the permission screen presented at the time of connection.
- When you contact us for support: When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product.
We collect non-identifying information through the View Net Services in several ways.
- When you use the View Net Services to help us understand how you are using the service, improve View Net Services, and support: We often collect industry-standard non-identifying information when you access our View Net Services. We collect this type of information to provide you with a more relevant experience, to prevent misuse, and to ensure that our View Net Services are working properly. We may also record adjustments you make to our Products through the View Net Services. We store this information along with data collected directly by your Product. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- When you saved and shared video content with others on the View Net Services: When you save and share Your Content through View Net Services for other individuals to access, we will collect non-identifying information that will allow you to save and share Your Content.
- When you elect to visit a third party site from the View Net Services: Our View Net Services may also contain links to other websites operated by third parties and may include social media features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons (such as “Like,” “Tweet” or “Pin”). We record your interaction with these links.
- When you stream Your Content to the View Net Services: When you use the Product’s recording or streaming features, we may record and process video and/or audio content from the Product. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. We may process information from your Product so that we can send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio data recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
- Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to us as well as the communications you receive from us through your Account preferences.
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your Account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your Account and your transactions on the View Net Services.
Cookies and Tracking
If you prefer not to receive interest-based ads from us on third party sites, you can subscribe in accordance with instructions.
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain Third-Party Ad-Servers and we served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool, the About Ads Opt-Out Tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with us by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- How We Use Information
In order to provide a better user experience, we, or our vendors on our behalf, use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain, improve, and develop our View Net Services and Products;
- To personalize your experience with our View Net Services and Products;
- Increase the safety of our View Net Services and Products – for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
- Provide you with interest-based ads and offers for products and services from us;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed through our View Net Services;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about our products and services;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of our View Net Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms of Service, or to comply with the law;
- Allow you to save and share content through our View Net Services; and to
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
Unless you choose to unsubscribe, we may contact you by sending electronic communications in order to inform you about new products and services. We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- How We Share Your Information
You may understand that we may disclose personal information to cloud service provider, network service provider and other service providers with non-disclosure agreement. The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- We share your personal information with our affiliates, who are required to use that information in accordance with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- We use service providers, vendors, technicians and other third-parties to help us process, store, and protect some of your data and otherwise help us administer our Products and View Net Services effectively, provide a better user experience, process your purchases, and increase the quality of our Products and View Net Services. These third-parties are forbidden from using your personal information for non-View Net purposes and are required to protect your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- We may provide information to third-parties if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to do so. For example, to comply with legal orders and government requests; response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; to protect the interests of our customers and users of the View Net Service; to respond to claims that any content posted or displayed using the View Net Service violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency protect the health and safety of users of the View Net Service or the general public; or to enforce compliance with our Terms of Service.
- If us and/or all or part of our assets are ever sold or transferred, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred.
- We share information to protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting us.
We may also disclose non-identifiable information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties. For example, we may share non-identifiable information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal information;
- to better understand how our customers interact with our View Net Services and Products, in order to optimize your experience, improve our products, or provide better services;
- for our own research and data analytics;
- with our vendors for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads on the View Net Services and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
- Securing Your Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. Your personal information is stored using Amazon’s S3 cloud service, who is obligated to also protect your personal information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our View Net Services, you can contact us.
- Accessing and Correcting Your
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. You can access and update your personal information via your Account profile. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases through our View Net Services for financial reporting and compliance reasons. In addition, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete certain information, we may temporarily retain backup copies of such information before it is permanently deleted.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Social Community Features and Social Networks
Social Community Features
Our View Net Services may allow you to publicly post or share information, communicate with others, or otherwise make information accessible to others. Prior to doing so, please read our Terms of Service carefully. All the information you post, share, or communicate may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any personal information you include may be read, collected, and used by others.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not intend that any portion of its View Net Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. Our View Net Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the View Net Services, if individual, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through our View Net Services; if company, you represent that you have authorization to purchase and install the Products, and create an account to View Net Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that an account is associated with a registered user who is not at least 18 years old or without authorization, we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
- International Users
The View Net Services is intended for United States residents. Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You are solely responsible for compliance with foreign laws, not us, when you provide your personal information and use the View Net Services from outside the United States. You agree that the laws of the United States will govern the processing of your personal information, including any obligations of security and third party sharing.
- Contact Us; California Privacy Rights
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. Please provide: (i) your name (or nickname) and preferred method of contact; and (ii) the details of your request or comment along with any corresponding website links.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by us pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or address stated above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Copyright@2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.